Combating COVID-19 Heath Message
March 2, 2020
Dear Parents and Guardians,
The Novel Noronavirus, known as COVID-19, continues to make headlines as it spreads throughout the world. It is important to take preventative actions here at school to minimize the risk level. There are open lines of communication with the county Department of Health, who works closely with the Washington State Department of Health in monitoring the situation. The maintenance staff implements best practices for cleaning and sanitizing the school buildings. We are monitoring illnesses at school and will consult with the department of health if there are individuals with symptoms or circumstances that seem to match those related to COVID-19 reminding and encouraging students and staff to follow good hygiene practices.
We all need to remember:
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 second - sing Happy Birthday while you wash
- Avoid touching eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick
- Stay home while you are sick and avoid close contact with others.
- Cover your mouth if you have to cough or sneeze, then throw the tissue in the trash and wash your hands.
- Get plenty of sleep
- Exercise regularly
- Drink plenty of fluids and eat nutritious foods
- Manage stress levels and relax
- A fever of greater than 100 degrees.
- Weakness and Muscle aches
- Coughing and congestion
- Lots of nasal congestion with frequent wiping and blowing of the nose.
Working together we can manage the spread of cold/flu or COVID-19. If you can please send in Clorox Wipes for cleaning desks at the end of each day. The students and faculty and staff will continue to wipe down surfaces each day to reduce spreading of germs.
Thank you and God Bless,