The Western Catholic Educational Association (WCEA) assesses the quality of Catholic schools and their programs.
The six key self-study outcomes are:
- The assessment of the school’s Catholic Identity.
- The involvement and collaboration of all shareholders in affirming strengths of the school and promoting ongoing school improvement.
- Clarifying the Mission Statement, School Philosophy and Schoolwide Learning Expectations (SLEs) for all students.
- Assess the Catholic Identity of the school, assess the actual program, assess the performance of students in relationship to the SLEs and curricular standards, continue dialogue about curriculum and student learning, and insure shared decision making among shareholders.
- Develop a plan of action which identifies goals to enhance learning.
- Implement goals and monitor progress of written goals.
The accreditation process helps the school to identify the quality of education the school has to offer. This is the third self-study accreditation process I have been involved in here at St. Mark Parish School.
1997 - 1998 Accredited for six years
2004 – 2005 Accredited for six years
2010 – 2011 Accredited for six years
2011 - 2016 Accredited for six years
2016 - 2021 Accredited for six years
Yours in Christ,